Mt Lhotse Expedition
"Lhotse" which means south peaks is part of the Everest massif.By virtue of it being 3km south of Mount Everest, from which it is separated by the South Col.It is considered an independent mountain. It was first climbed by F.Luchsinger and E.Reiss in 1956.An impressive ring of three peaks makes up the Lhotse massif:Lhotse East or Middle, Lhotse and Lhotse Shar.
The South Face of Lhotse is one of the largest mountain faces in the world.We attempt to climb the normal route to the tallest peak of the Lhotse massif.Lhotse BC is located beside the Khumbu Glacier,same as Everest BC.The section during the climb,which has been unanimously declared the most dangerous,is the Khumbu Icefall.
The first successful ascent of the mountain was in 1956 by the Swiss on the West Face.The South Face though attempted many times was successful climbed only in 1984 by a Czech expeditions.This beautiful massif also holds immense promise as it is little developed and offers fascinating opportunities.
|Day 01 :||Arrival in Kathmandu,transfer to hotel,(1300m).|
|Day 02 :||Drive to Gundu (2005m),1 hr.drive from Kathmandu for acclimatization.Accommodation in luxury tents.|
|Day 03 :||Morning sunrise view of the mountains.During the day you can visit Phulchoki or Nagarkot,the highest point overlooking Kathmandu Valley.Overnight at Adventure Camp.|
|Day 04 :||Briefing from Ministry of Tourism.|
|Day 05 :||Drive to airport and fly to Lukla (2800 m),trek to Phakding (2640 m).Overnight stay.|
|Day 06 :||Trek to Namche Bazaar (3446m).Overnight in lodge.|
|Day 07 :||Trek to Khumjung (3790m).|
|Day 08 :||Khumjung,acclimatization day.|
|Day 09 :||Trek Tengboche Monastery (3867m).Overnight in lodge.|
|Day 10 :||Trek to Pheriche.Overnight in lodge.|
|Day 11 :||Trek to Lobuche (4900m).|
|Day 12 :||Lhotse base camp.|
|Day 13-48 :||Climbing Period.|
|Day 49 :||Cleaning up Base Camp.|
|Day 50 :||Trek to Pheriche.|
|Day 51 :||Trek to Khumjung.|
|Day 52 :||Trek to Phakding.|
|Day 53 :||Trek to Lukla.Overnight in lodge.|
|Day 54 :||Fly back to Kathmandu.|
|Day 55 :||Free day in Kathmandu.|
|Day 56 :||Transfer to the airport to fly to onward destination.|
Note : The quotation will be provide on request : For cost information Contact Us
|Cost Includes :|
- Hotel Accomodation in Kathmandu with bed & Breakfast( 3 star level ).
- Food for Trekking and Expedition Period.
- Expedition Crew: Base camp Guide,Cook,Cook helper.
- Flights with Cargo 50 KG Per member.
- Equipment allowance,daily allowance for Liaison officer,expedition crew.
- Insurance for Nepalese Expedition Crew.
- 1 tent for 1 person for Expedition North Face Brand.
- Mat,Dining tent,Toilet tent,Mess tent,Store tent,Table and Chairs for the expedition.
- Local transportation in Kathmandu (Airport-hotel-airport).
- Emergency Oxyzen,Mask and Regulator.
- Fare well dinner.
|Cost Excludes :|
- Personal Equipment for climbing & trekking.
- Personal & Medical Insurance of expedition.
- Climbing Food,Gas & Stove above Base Camp.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- Emergency Rescue Evacuation by helicopter incase needed.
- Walki Takie Permit & Personal Satellite Phone Permit.
- Oxygen & Mask-Regulator.
- Personal Expenses.
- Bar Bills & beverage.