Mt Makalu Expedition
Makalu is the fifth highest mountain in the world and is considered the technical mountain to climb. Normally, four camps are set up in the approach excluding Advance base camp which will be set up at 5,300m. We follow the lateral moraine, hike onto the glacier and set up the camp I at a glacial plateau at 6,150m.
We further proceed the direction of the glacier plateau in the direction to Makalu La, climbing stretches of steep slopes and arrive at the base of the Makalu La to set up the camp II at 7,000m. We climb the Messener Headwall towards the North West Ridge at Makalu La and the site of camp III at 7,300m. Camp IV will be set up on the North Ridge at 7,850m and climb up the couloir to gain the final ridge at the summit (8,462m).
|Day 01 :||Arrival in Kathmandu,transfer to hotel.(1300m).|
|Day 02 :||Drive to Gundu (2005m),1 hour drive from Kathmandu for acclimatization.Accommodation in luxury tents.|
|Day 03 :||Morning sunrise view of the mountains.During the day you can visit Phulchoki,the highest point overlooking Kathmandu Valley.Overnight at Adventure Camp.|
|Day 04 :||Briefing from Ministry of Tourism.|
|Day 05 :||Drive to airport fly to Tumlingtar.Trek to Khandbari (1040 m).Overnight stay in Lodge.|
|Day 06 :||Trek to Botebas (1730 m).Overnight in lodge/Camp.|
|Day 07 :||Trek to Chichira.Overnight in Lodge/Camp.|
|Day 08 :||Trek to Num.Overnight in Lodge/Camp.|
|Day 09 :||Trek to Kuwapani (1560 m).Overnight in Lodge/Camp.|
|Day 10 :||Trek to Tashigaon (2100 m).Overnight in Lodge/Camp.|
|Day 11 :||Rest day at Tashigaon for acclimatization.|
|Day 12 :||Trek to Kauma (3760 m).Overnight in Camp.|
|Day 13 :||Trek to Dobato (3700 m).Overnight in Camp.|
|Day 14 :||Trek to Nebe Kharka (4320m).Overnight in Camp.Trek to Sherson (4360m).Overnight in Camp.|
|Day 15 :||Trek to Sherson (4360 m).Overnight in Camp.|
|Day 16 :||Trek to Makalu Base Camp.|
|Day 17-50 :||Climbing Period.|
|Day 51 :||Cleaning up Base Camp.|
|Day 52 :||Trek to Yak Kharka.Overnight in Lodge/Camp.|
|Day 53 :||Trek to Mumbuk.Overnight in Lodge.|
|Day 54 :||Trek back to Tashi Gaon.Overnight in Lodge.|
|Day 55 :||Trek back to Num.Overnight in Lodge.|
|Day 56 :||Trek back to Chichira.Overnight in Lodge.|
|Day 57 :||Trek to Khandabari.Overnight in Lodge.|
|Day 58 :||Trek Back to Tumlingtar and fly back to Kathmandu.|
|Day 59 :||Free day in Kathmandu.|
|Day 60 :||Departure from Kathmandu.|
Note : The quotation will be provide on request : For cost information Contact Us
|Cost Includes :|
- Hotel Accomodation in Kathmandu with bed & Breakfast( 3 star level ).
- Food for Trekking and expedition period.
- Expedition crew: Base camp Guide,Cook,Cook helper.
- Flights with Cargo 50 KG per member.
- Equipment allowance,daily allowance for Liaison officer,expedition crew.
- Insurance for Nepalese Expedition crew.
- 1 tent for 1 person for Expedition north face brand.
- Mat,dining tent,Toilet tent,Mess tent,Store tent,Table and chairs trekking for the expedition.
- Local transportation in Kathmandu (Airport-hotel-airport).
- Emergency Oxyzen,Mask and regulator.
- Fare well dinner.
|Cost Excludes :|
- Personal Equipment for Climbing & Trekking.
- Personal & Medical Insurance of expedition.
- Climbing food,Gas & stove above Base camp.
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation by helicopter incase needed.
- Emergency evacuation by helicopter,Airport tax and custom clearance.
- Walki Takie Permit & Personal Satellite Phone Permit.
- Oxygen & Mask-Regulator.
- Personal Expenses.
- Bar Bills & beverage.
Major Expidedition area
Mt. Ama Dablam has been considered...
The Dhaulagiri Himal lies south ...
Mt. Cho Oyu rising 8,201m above se...
Even though the highest mountain i...
"Lhotse" which means south peaks i...
A stunning peak lies on the wester...
Shishapangm is one of the lovely m...
Kanchenjunga is the third-tallest ...
Makalu is the fifth highest mounta...
Other Activities in Nepal
MOUNTAIN FLIGHT IN NEPAL: Mount...
BOOKING FORM ...
Nepalese Welfare is a non-government...
Nepalese Welfare is a non-government...
Let your spirits fly and take a leap...
Hiking In Nepal The hills of Nepa...
Mountain Biking in the shade of th...
THE THIRTEENTH EVEREST MARATHON ...
Paragliding is perhaps the most rewa...
Skydiving In Nepal. Combine the...
Unleash yourself in the wild, not on...
Nepal is home to eight out of the fo...