An easy peak in the Langtang Valley. A perfect introduction to Himalayan climbing. This is a climbing trip in the Langtang valley north of Kathmandu. The climb is easy and suited for anyone with trekking experience. We start in Syabrubesi after a 5 hour drive from Kathmandu and spend five days hiking up the beautiful Langtang valley to Kyanjin Gompa at 3800 m.
Kyanjin Gompa is situated below Langtang Lirung (7246 m) and we spend three days acclimatizing taking day-hikes in spectacular surroundings. We establish base camp on a meadow at 4800 m and climb Yala Peak the next day. The last 400 m is on ice so we will be using crampons, ice axe and rope.
From the summit we can see Shishapangma (8046 m) and the fluted Gangchempo (6388 m). After the climb we return to Syabrubesi and drive to Kathmandu.
|Trip Facts :|
|Area :||Annapurna Region.|
|Destination :||Yala Peak.|
|Altitude :||5,520 m.|
|Mode of trek :||Camping.|
|Duration :||18 Days.|
|Season :||Sep/Dec and Mar/May.|
|Max. Walking :||7-8 hrs.|
|Mode of travel :||Drive in/Drive out.|
|Day 01 :||Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.|
|Day 02 :||Preparations for trip and make all necessary Permits.|
|Day 03 :||Drive Kathmandu to Dhunche(1950m).|
|Day 04 :||Trek to Syabru(2200m).|
|Day 05 :||Trek to Lama Hotel(2500m).|
|Day 06 :||Trek to Langtang(3100m).|
|Day 07 :||Trek to Kyangjing Gompa(2750m).|
|Day 08 :||Excursion to Tserko RI(5033m).|
|Day 09 :||Trek to Yala Peak Base Camp(4800m).|
|Day 10 :||Yala peak summit(5500m).|
|Day 11 :||Rest day.|
|Day 12 :||Trek to Ghora Tabela(3050m).|
|Day 13 :||Trek to Syabru(2200m).|
|Day 14 :||Trek to Sing Gompa(3300m).|
|Day 15 :||Trek to Dhunche (1950m).|
|Day 16 :||Drive back Dhunche to Kathmandu.|
|Day 17 :||Kathmandu Free Day.|
|Day 18 :||Transfer to Airport for Final Departure.|
Note : The quotation will be provide on request : For cost information Contact Us
|Cost Includes :|
- National Park Entry Permit.
- Trekking Permit.
- Land Transportation to and from.
- Necessary Air Flights.
- Accommodation in lodges during the trek.
- Three meals a day except GAP trek.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu in 3 stars hotels on twin sharing basis(Bed and Breakfast).
- Guided sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Airport Pick up/drop.
- A Guide & required number of Porter(s).
- Essential Equipment.
|Cost Excludes :|
- Personal Expenses.
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Personal Gears & clothing (available on hire).
- Insurance Tips.
- Emergency Evacuation by Helicopter.
- Expedition cargo custom clearance.
- Airport tax and custom clearance.
- Alternative transportation in case of heavy rain,landslide,strike,road blockade etc.